Hey beautiful! Winters are knocking at your door and I know a lot of you might be facing the problem of dry and flaky skin. Using a huge quantities of body lotion may not always be the best solution. So, I’m going to tell you some of the best dry skin remedies that will keep your skin soft and glowing throughout the winter. I have personally used all of the following remedies to treat my dry skin. And they have totally worked for me. Hope it works for you too!
- Coconut Oil- Well! Coconut Oil is the holy grail of skin care. It not only makes your food healthier but acts as a great moisturizer and anti ageing agent for your skin. Apply a good quantity of coconut oil all over your body just like your apply a body lotion (Psst! would be half the price of the lotion) before you step out in the cold. You can also do this before you go to sleep to wake up with soft and smooth skin in the morning. Coconut oil gets easily absorbed in skin, moisturizes from within and saves your skin from the cold, harsh breeze. Use coconut oil on your scalp as well to prevent dandruff!
- Olive Oil- Apply Olive Oil in the same manner as coconut oil and you’ll never have to deal with dry skin again. Olive Oil is rich in antioxidants and it also has anti ageing effects on skin. You can also use extra virgin olive oil as a base before applying your regular moisturizer. It would reduce the amount of moisturizer you’d require to cover your whole body but double the effect and keep your skin soft whole day.
- Milk- The soothing and anti-inflammatory properties of milk make it one of the best home remedies for dry skin. You can apply milk all over your body by dipping a cotton ball or wash cloth into it and dabbing on skin. You can sleep overnight with this treatment. If you’re using this in the morning, leave it for half an hour then take a shower. Apply a moisturizer afterwards to keep your skin beautiful and healthy every day.
- Honey- Honey is loaded with anti bacterial, antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties which make it one of the best dry skin remedies. To use honey as a moisturizer, apply a layer of honey mixed with aloe vera gel all over your body before taking a shower. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and apply moisturizer after the bath. This remedy is best for excessively dry skin.
- Yoghurt/Curd- Curd is one of the best dry skin remedies which is also easily available at home. Apply sufficient quantity of yoghurt all over your body and massage. This would exfoliate your skin and remove dryness. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes then take a shower. Repeat this daily to gain maximum benefits.
Did you find this article useful ? Comment with YES/NO and don’t forget to share it with your friends.