Hi Guys, we all love highlights on hair but some of us are really scared of getting our hair colored permanently because of the damage or simply because you get bore too easily! So here’s an easy solution to highlight your hair temporarily without emptying your pocket and right at the convenience of your home. Continue reading to find out how you can add gorgeous highlights of any color to your hair in a few simple steps.
What you need- A box of soft pastels (easily available on a stationary shop or just order on ebay!) I use mine from Camel
Follow these steps-
- Spray the portion of hair you want to highlight with color or do this when you walk out of shower with damp hair. Also, grab an old t-shirt or towel to wrap around your shoulder so that the color doesn’t spoil your clothes.
- Press your hair with a towel to make sure the water is not dripping down. You’ll just need damp hair to get the best color
- Take the soft pastel chalk of the desired color you want to highlight your hair with. Pink, Blue, Yellow, Green work the best on blonde hair while Red, Dark Green, Sky blue give the best effect on dark hair. Although, you can choose any color of your choice. All you need is an attitude to rock it!
- Take one strand of your hair and hold it from the tip. You can also comb your hair with a wide toothed comb to maintain the texture of your hair after the highlights.
- Rub the chalk in the downward direction (from root to tip). Make sure you only rub it in one direction and don’t go backwards or it will cause frizz to your hair.
- Do the same with all the strands. You can either use a single color or multiple colors if you’re in a mood to go sassy 😉
- Let your dry and try not to touch them as the color will get to your hands. You can also blow dry your hair gently to dry to hair.
- Once your hair is completely dry, u can use a wide toothed comb to untangle the strands(if needed). Use a hair straightener to lock the colors or simply put some hair spray to keep the style for longer.
- Don’t forget to wash your hair in the evening to remove the color and deep condition it to avoid any damage or dryness.
- Voila! You have a now a magic trick to color your hair anytime you want. Stay gorgeous. Stay Fab!