If you love to shop online like me, this article is for you! You might have come across several fashion terms for clothing that you might not be aware of. Read further to find out 10 fashion terms that are commonly used for different types of clothing.
1. Bardot top– It is one of the upgraded versions of the off the shoulder top which has received quite some love from the fashion industry. There are a number of ways to style the Bardot top and some of the most popular Bollywood celebrities are spotted rocking it. Also, it’s a strict NO to wear a bra with straps with Bardot top; that’s such a fashion FAUX PAS. Choose to wear a stick-on silicone bra, strapless bra, nip covers, bandeau bra, corset bra or go commando if you’re feeling brave.
Image: via Instagram
2. Culottes- Culottes is among the now-popular fashion terms which is basically used for a knee length or little below the knee length trousers with a full flare. They are very comfortable and look stylish if paired with the right top. Take style inspiration from these celebrities to wear culottes the right way. Image:Pinterest
3. Dungaree- Dungarees or ‘Overalls’ were made mainly from denim but the modern version of it can be made of all kinds of fabric, such as Crepe, Nylon, Polyester etc. The Dungaree inspired dresses are also in trend these days. Image:pinkvilla.com
4. Jumpsuit- A Jumpsuit is an outfit where the top and bottom of the garment are sewn together and often, a zipper is provided at the back or side to wear the garment.Image:stalkbuylove.com
5. Romper- Rompers is one of the fashion terms which is often used interchangeably with Jumpsuits. Unlike jumpsuits, where the top is mainly attached to pants, the rompers come with the top sewn with shorts.Image:Pinterest
6. Pinafore dress- Well, it can be called the ‘dress version of the jumpsuit’. It is a dress without sleeves or collars that can be worn over a blouse. Also called as ‘Jumper’ in American English.
7. Shift dress- In simple terms, a shift dress is the one that allows you to move freely and generally falls straight from shoulders to bottom. It has a comfort fit and follows the body curves to form shape. Imagine a minimalistic dress with no heavy embellishments or embroidery with simple cuts, that would be a shift dress. Below are some examples. Image:pinkvilla.com
8. Skater dress- A skater dress is a short dress that has a fitted bodice (top portion of the garment) and a skirt that flares into an A-line. Image:nagpur24.blogspot.com
9. Boyfriend jeans- A boyfriend jeans is loose fitted, baggy jeans that of course, gives an illusion that you’re actually wearing your boyfriend’s jeans. It should be paired with a strappy, fitted and feminine top to balance out the look of the whole outfit. Image:dainikbhaskar.com
10. Mom jeans- Well, Mom jeans is a little more feminine version of the Boyfriend jeans. It is generally high waisted and gives a more flattering shape to the body as compared to the boyfriend jeans. Image:india.com
Did you find this article useful? Answer with Yes/No in the comment section below.