Two years back, I met Nitin Mehta in a fashion show in New Delhi. His looks certainly made him stand apart from the rest of the models. After I had a conversation with him, I got to know his story of serving in the Indian Army to becoming a professional model. I found his story exciting and decided to do an exclusive interview with him, in which he revealed how he entered into the modeling industry by chance.
It was only the beginning for him and soon after that fashion show, he started getting many projects for ramp walk, editorial shoots, short videos and more.
Two years after the interview, I’m doing the second article on him on all that he has achieved so far, with still a very long way to go!
Read more to find out some exciting facts about 46 year old Nitin Mehta who had a major career shift after retiring from the Indian Army in 2016.
1) He was spotted by someone on an airport in 2016 who suggested him to try his hands in modeling. As a Veteran, he never thought of trying in the modeling industry but in an urge to try something new he decided to give it a shot.
2) Soon after this, he got his portfolio shoot done and in less than two years, he became a popular model and even got a few cameos in the South Indian Film Industry.
3) He took the fashion world by storm as he walked on ramp for a leading fashion designers in Indian Runway Week in New Delhi.
4) His mature, rugged looks with a salt n pepper beard soon became the talk of the fashion industry and he was showered with several more projects. He became a style icon for many including both youngsters and the ones in their 40 who aspire to look fit and fab as he does!
5) Within 2 years of his career in the Fashion and Film industry, he has worked on many big projects including walking on-ramp for leading fashion designers such as Dhruv Bandwal and Shantanu & Nikhil, catalog shoots for major fashion houses and more.
6) His recent project includes a print advertisement for Reid & Taylor as well as a TV ad for Air Vistara featuring him along with Deepika Padukone!
7) Before he entered into the extravagance of glamour industry, he served as a Helicopter engineer in the Indian Army for 21 years. “I took early retirement in May 2016 and shot my first assignment as a model in September 2016”, He says.
8) As of now, he has done print shoots, TV commercials, short movies, and two Tamil movies. He also gives grooming advice to men and women who want to enter into the fashion or Film industry.
Nitin Mehta’s story inspires thousands of people to follow their dreams by break their boundaries, regardless of their background, gender or age.
See more pictures of Nitin Mehta on Instagram: @nitinmehta1805
If you liked this article, do share it with your friends!