So, folks, 2018 is over and we have entered into 2019. And if you are among those wondering, ‘What have I done in my life?’ then this article is for you. It will give you complete consolation and affirmation that sometimes, not doing anything is better than doing some bizarre stuff as these designers did.
Although I do believe, fashion is about taking your creativity and imagination to the next level but some of the designers did take it too far by creating outfits that are only for the Bold and Bizarre. Someday, celebs like Rihanna or Kim Kardashian may wear one of these outfits and make us go awe about it but until then, these will remain some of the most unconventional and bizarre fashion trends to hit the runway!
1) Balenciaga’s Car mat skirts that literally look like a car mat draped to perfection. What’s more shocking is that this skirt costs a whopping £1700 GBP.
2) And Balenciaga yet again with this ‘high-end’ copy of the Ikea bag. While the Ikea bag is generally available for $0.99, this bag costs….waist for it…..$2145 ONLY! This is seriously among the totally bizarre fashion trends.
3)I secretly dream to wear this Moschino’s ‘dry cleaner dress’ while doing my laundry.
4) For some reasons, the creative folks at London Fashion House Natasha Zinko decided to sew an extra waistband onto a regular pair of jeans and which turned into a statement(?) style. To wear this optical illusion, you’ll only need to spend $695.
5) Romphin, aka men’s rompers, are probably one of the most bizarre fashion trends of 2017 and on top of that somebody made a Romphin out of lace. Is that the kind of equality we are looking for?
6) Don’t worry about damaging your highly expensive shoes from a top brand because Valentino’s Maison Margiela does it for you! We present you the ‘destroyed sneakers’ by Margiela.
7) This dress by Jacquemus is made out of 8 straw hats and would cost you $3000 straight!. Why not buy some straw hats and indulge in a DIY project instead? ( I mean if you really want to wear such a dress)
8) Finally, a sweater that will keep your arms warm, and Oh, that’s it. Calvin Klein is the genius behind this super cool sweater and he’ll only charge you $2165 for it.
9) Are you constantly confused between choosing to wear a pair of jeans or shorts? Well, Opening Ceremony brings an easy solution for you with these ‘Detachable cut-out front jeans’ which you can wear it as jeans and turn it into shorts in no time.
10) No, the model wearing these jeans did not just come out of a mud fight. It’s actually the ‘Fake Mud Jeans’ by Nordstrom. The upside of wearing this is that you can play in the dirt and it would only add to the beauty of these jeans.
11) A French label called the ‘Y Project’ has created these crotchless jeans which are held up by a pair of garters. Personally, I find this one really cool and someone like Rihanna would totally rock it. But the only problem is, we all are not Rihanna. If you want these jeans anyways, just loosen up $570 from your bank account.
12) These plastic Jeans (Can we call it that?) by Topshop rediscovers the whole idea of ‘denim’. Although, It may contribute to solving the plastic crisis around the world.
13) The Japanese designer Thibaut takes the ‘distressed jeans’ look to the next level by presenting what they call the ‘thong jeans’ at Amazon fashion Week, Tokyo. Sorry, I made you see this.
14) I’m actually not sure whether to call these Devut Ponchos by Mulberry bizarre or genius. It’s great for people like me, who love their bed and want to take it everywhere.
Do you know any other bizarre fashion trends? Tell us in the comment below.
If you like this article do LIKE it and SHARE with your friends, who knows one of them may gift you an outfit from this list.